Thursday, November 15, 2007

MY NEW LIVER

It was about 10pm 9/19/04,night before transplant,that they were going to get me ready for transplant, a couple days later when i woke up, i felt better and i found out that an 18yr old kid had died in a car accident,and i was choosen to recieve his liver, i felt so bad that he had to die so could live i'm so glad for the donation,from his family. I have live everyday sense then with that poor kid on my mind,i guess thats because he lives inside of me now. Nobody knows unless you have went through something like this, now i take everyday one day at a time because you never know when it can be taken away from you. Just think about it, maybe you will get a new alive day sometime,or somebody might get one from you. Thank about organ donations. With all my love. camaroman

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great to see someone's perspective as the recipient of an organ. My dad needs a kidney and I am a match. We're hoping that everything works out so that I'll be able to give him one this spring. Thanks for sharing your experience!

November 17, 2007 at 8:39 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Praise the Lord and bless you~

November 23, 2007 at 5:27 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Hi there,
I am so pleased that you dropped by. I don't know where Stamps is but my father was raised in Ashdown AR. and I lived there for a while as a very young child.

First let me say that I am glad to hear that you were blessed to recieve a transplant. I guess only God knows why things happen as they do.

My daughter was born with only one kidney and it is malformed. So our family lives with the knowledge that a transplant may very well lie ahead in our future. She has Turner's Syndrome and Turner's people suffer from many ailments. I only pray that if we ever have to face the day that God will provide for her as well.

The picture of your wife and you is simply incredible. If I didn't know better I might think you were related to some of my family in AR. You look a lot like my half brother when he was younger.

May God continue to bless you everyday!!

January 8, 2008 at 9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got a second chance at life. My mom had chyrosis of the liver. They called her for a transplant in Sept. 2002. They also called another person. They cut the liver into half so they could transplant both of them. Unfortunatly my mom died on the table from complications. The other person survived. It's strange because she knew she wasn't going to make it through the operation. At least we got to tell her goodbye and goodluck. I'm an organ donor. If I died right now knowing I can save a couple of lives with my body no longer good on earth anyways. I have nothing to lose and people that are dying have a second chance at life. I know how hard it is going through what you have went through all to well. My moms nieghbor at the time had a liver transplant also and she has to take a shit load of meds. and had some really close calls. Take care of yourself and live your life to the fullest! You deserve it.

June 26, 2008 at 5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home